The capital of France has always been considered as one of the most romantic towns worldwide. If you plan to spend a few days in the City of Lights with your loved one, for Valentine’s day or a surprise-trip or either for your honeymoon, Paris has a lot to offer to lovers: from places to classic or atypical activities.
A Seine cruise on barge or fly-boat
One of best romantic things to do in Paris is a cruise on the Seine, on a fly boat or on a barge, preferably in the evenings, to see why the City of Lights deserves her name. Add a private dinner on water that you will enjoy while musicians play soft music. Opt for the circuits that include the canals and the underground waterways for better impress your lover. And do not miss the moment when the Eiffel tower lights up.
Contemplate the city of Paris from the heights
Climb on Paris heights to contemplate her beauty. Panoramic views of the city are available in many places:
- From the top of the Eiffel tower. You can include a dinner in the panoramic restaurant at this outing, but make sure to book your table.
- From the Sacre-Coeur viewpoint area in Montmartre. The panorama really worth the atypical travel in funicular.
- From the roof-top terrace of the Centre Georges Pompidou, you can enjoy not only the great taste of Chez Georges’ restaurant, but also the landscape.
Stroll and picnic in parks
Paris has many parks and landscaped green spaces that are perfect for wandering hand in hand, for just sitting and looking people pass by or for a picnic. Some are historic sites and have been in existence for a long time as:
- The jardin du Luxembourg
- The jardin des Tuileries
- The garden of Versailles palace (40 min from the city center)
Some have real aptitudes for optimizing the romantic side of the stroll and the moment as:
- The Buttes-Chaumont
- The Parc Montsouris
- The Parc de Vincennes (Paris outskirts-summer jazz shows)
- The Bois de Boulogne (Paris outskirts)
Some have definitely modern style as:
- Parc André Citroën
- Parc de la Villette
You can have picnic on spring or summer, or sometimes in autumn, when the tress have this beautiful orange and brown colour.
Wandering in town and shopping
If you like shopping, you can opt of a stroll down the Champs-Élysées avenue or in the pedestrian streets of Paris to find many boutiques where you can buy practically anything you want: clothes, shoes, perfume, jewels or souvenir articles that will remind you your stay in a really romantic town.